PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Pilot Training center, first officer program
Old 19th Nov 2010, 10:36
wigwag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sgosain,

Don't know how old you are, but, I could agree with you only if your in your late 40's and no previous flying experience, but what is the rush ? Why the need to go further into debt for a short cut with NO guarantees only to be further in debt ?

There is a lot of good advice here on PPRUNE just mixed in with a lot of bad advice and money grabbers (see adverts).

Ive never got a job through buying it, Ive done it through making contacts and networking and slowly working my way up the ladder. The fast track ticket is a crazy scheme and comes at a huge cost, the cost to the industry, to your pocket and image of pilots as a group.

We really are a laughing stock and only ourselves to blame for it. We have little credibility left now, paying to fly is a dream ticket for airlines and accountants, but only for them.

The more that pay, the more the scam's. I now know of FO's paying to fly to become captain to gain PIC time.... met 4 of them a few months back.

So here it is... Okay pay for your flight time and keep your fingers crossed that you'll get a full time job with a good contract at the end of it, because you'll need the money (if there is any) to pay your loans back.

What about PIC time? will you pay then ? No i hear you say... But if there are already qualified pilots out there unemployed what make s you different?

Will you sleep at night because you believe in the theory that this is an investment? Or is it a further gamble with your future health and wealth ???

SW1 is after your money and advertising for it so why not give him/her your money ?

Is there a list anywhere of all companies accepting payment to fly ? Why not name and shame ?

WW