PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renamed & Merged: Qantas Severe Engine Damage Over Indonesia
Old 19th Nov 2010, 10:20
Section28- BE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish-

I hear what your saying and feeling- and had a crack myself yesterday on what I feel the "Issues" are in a Reg Compliance sense ........ vis the topic of this thread, but it was probably not relevant.

But, I fear that an Aeronautical/Compliance or Safety Culture vis Section 28 of the Act- has been evolved out of the system from both sides be it Regulator/Operator- to accommodate Worlds Best Practice, so as- all can participate (Gen X, Y or Zed as be your preference) in a field that, like the Sea is Very Unforgiving of Fools.

As you allude, a CAR35 approval in days gone by- was not an issue as the Approvals/Delegations were in-house- and be it to accommodate a seat pack fit/a repair or whatever, you had confidence that you could stand and rely on the work in-house, along with the people- as did the Regulator. Today that's a cost saving not to have that capability and oversight...........

Engine monitoring- and have RR done any up-grades on a Trent???, I would have thought to be CORE BUSINESS- but 'Apparently Not' they were operating in secret- there was once an Operator who missed an AD on pylons on B76......

Rgds & A good weekend to all.
S28- BE