PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cattle Mustering incl Training, Job Prospects (!) etc etc
Old 19th Nov 2010, 01:06
bellfest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks ag R and Bellfest, all noted, sometimes one needs to be "one dimensional" to be "master of a trade", rather "jack of none," or put another way, dabbling with just enough knowledge in each field to be dangerous, in reality.
It is totally acceptable that people in our field can engage in various types of operations and become highly proficient at each of them. Suggesting that any one who has done so is a "jack of no trade" is an insult quite possibly only a suggestion that someone with little exposure would make...

On that note, a self proclamation of being " a master of a trade" carries little weight! I thought that about my shagging ability when I was in my early twenties but strangely enough I had no back up from the ladies! Kind of took the back bone out of my reasoning...

Personally, I think the multi user AOC is a complete load of **** and should not be allowed no matter what spin is put on it. Each of these operators should not be allowed to jump through any loop holes as contractors and private operators full stop. They should either have the knowledge, ability and means to have a complete and proper operational system including an AOC and all other forms of administrative documents and procedural accountabilities that are required to go with that or, they should restrict their operations to terra firma where they belong....

I don't think anyone has crashed a helicopter through a lack of accountability to their employer.... It don't matter who owns the helicopter, no one wants to crash it! It is after all, primarily self preservation that keeps us in one piece...