PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2010, 00:27
Old Carthusian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bearfoil

Thank you for your reply - there are indeed grounds for people to query BEA but this area is not one of them. You refer to the depth of search but this isn't really a factor. There have been examples of unsuccessful searches in shallower environments than this. The configuration of the seabed in this part of the ocean is the issue. It is extremely rugged and varies quite significantly in depth. This creates very great difficulties in locating and identifying wreckage. I, myself, have no real surprise that it is taking so long the cliche 'needle in a haystack' comes to mind and no doubt others have used this before. The other searches you refer to have been conducted in relatively flat and easier conditions. However, I can assure you that BEA is not satisfied with the results of the search so far - it has cost them a lot of money with nothing to show for it. Your posts seem to indicate that you believe that they would rather the wreckage was not found for whatever reason. This is an unlikely situation - for various reasons the aircraft needs to be cleared of blame or the correct remedy to this set of circumstances needs to be found.

Old Carthusian