PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electronic cigarettes
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 22:30
Load Toad

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smoking isn't a necessity. It's a smelly habit and it's bad for your health. You don't need to smoke. You are not 'addicted' - you just have a lack of will power and you don't respect others. If you can't lay off the ciggies for a few hours whilst on a 'plane then you are a pathetic loser. Honestly.

I smoke, sometimes, since I was 18, I can go for days or weeks without smoking or can do a pack in a night whilst out on the lash.

I now understand airlines banning smoking, It stinks, it upsets others. Its a safety risk. If people saw someone 'lighting up' with some faux cigarette it would cause some people ill feeling, others would take it as an excuse to light real cigarettes, it would be an unnecessary confusion as to if you can smoke or not on a 'plane. It has a potential to cause irritation and rile fellow passengers. Disharmony in the cabin is not conducive to cabin safety.
People are bothered about smoke & smoking - it's visible - there is a lot of information out there. Far less so about jet fuel fumes and the air quality in the cabin. Anyway - smoking is the visible and obvious action of one or two people on the many; its a selfish little bad habit not the last drink of water before you cross a dry dessert.

For a few hours, man up a tiny little bit and lay off the nipple substitute.