PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:53
skysurfer0805

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My recent assessment with RYR was very fair and straight forward compared to other assessment practice I have seen.
No computer games, no psychologists who try to argue with you and not inviting 100 guys while at the end accepting 2. Very positive impressions remain from Ryanair in contrast to what is being bashed on them on this forum from time to time.
The interview puts focus on ATPL knowledge as well as english level and personal questions. The sim session was well briefed beforehand and the chief pilot was very helpful explaining what he wanted to see and assisting those unfamiliar with the 738. The session lasted long enough to perfom an SID, an ndb appr, an ils appr (both ended up with go arounds at minimum) and a visual approach (they let me do it single engine). At some point a problem arised in the cabin that would promt a nits briefing and a max rate descent / return back to the airport in due time. The "flight attendent" will ask the "captain" for the actions - forwarding the problem to the PM will not work.. Some TCAS action is possible too. You can choose from which seat you want to be the PF. There wont be any comments on how you performed at the end.

Its been 2 weeks now and I havent heard from them yet - but as they said it may take some time.

Good luck for your assessment ...