PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 uncontained #2 engine failure
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:19
Nick Thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Bear
I did not mean to suggest that you were advocating that any case would be tried under US law. The point I have been trying to make is that laws of different lands are not like laws of physics, By that I mean they will vary as you cross international boundaries. Obviously the laws of physics are not affected by such boundaries. So I apologise for any missunderstandings that I may have caused.
My original post was in response to JFZ90's questions and you reply which was quite detailed on the US legal position. I was trying to make the point that in other countries there will be differences to the US view. Which of course just complicates things.
Lonewolf_50 thanks for saying that you have enjoyed Bear's and my "back and forth" on this topic.
Not having any knowledge of aviation contracts but a detailed knowledge of building and civil engineering contracts all I can say is that in those contracts, warranty and loss of use. is extensively covered so I guess it would be the same in this case. But as I have said earlier without seeing the contracts, none of us can know for certain.
Finally Bear I have found your technical comments very interesting but as SLF a bit beyond my understanding.
Regards
Nick

Last edited by Nick Thomas; 18th Nov 2010 at 17:35. Reason: Typo error