PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1time resignations
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:08
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, if anybody really believes that management cares even slightly about your issues, it's time to wake up. They will do the absolute minimum to keep the minimum number of crew required to operate the routes, that is all. It's just business, nothing personal. The only option is to push (some would say fight) back in the only legit way you can.

All companies suffer from the same problems to a greater or lesser degree - 1time is clearly going for the model operated by Nationwide, that is 'Turnover is good because we can pay them less'. It serves them well in times of average to low demand, but bites them when times pick up (for us).

If you really want to make it a consistently better place to work, you're going to have to be very, very focused, consistent, and firm with them. Simply standing back and hoping they mean well will never, ever work, regardless of any 'frights' you think they may have got now. You'll just live in hope, with no return on your experience or investment of time and money spent on your career. This forum has heard plenty of union-like rallying cries (and here's yet another), but forceful collective action is the only proven way to reliably effect change. Anything else is luck and wishful thinking.

My 2c (all I've got on me right now )