PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1time resignations
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 11:57
Cue Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChiyaWena
I hear what you are saying and you quite entitled to your opinion, the point I was trying to make is that this is not a time for negativity, albeit difficult at this stage not to be negative. One must remember that this a very young company that have grown at a fairly rapid rate, 1 time does not have 50+ years of operating experience behind them like Comair or SAA does.In fact it wasn't too long ago that Comair were in a very similar situation to 1 time in terms of pilots leaving and being unhappy with management( 30% attrition rate if memory serves me correctly).This company still has a lot to learn granted but I think that they are trying and if they make a few improvements then it may well become a career airline for some. If you look at Comair they still have pilots that leave and conversely some that stay until they retire. So the question begs what is a career airline? I think that is a purely subjective question and is different for every individual, there are even some that have left SAA not only for other airlines but have moved back to charter. So at the end of the day you have the choices I mentioned in my previous post, and if you feel you need to leave then do so and good luck to you. If you want to stay then be postive and believe that the situation will come right and it will become the happy company that it once was.