PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calculating profit
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 11:40
jxc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bored thanks for taking time to reply to me
I have been given a price for a Saab 340 acmi inc fuel 2 crews (4 pilots 2 cabin) and 2 engineers for 120BH pm 1100 Euro plus i have to pay 50 Euro per day per crew member as away from home
I know i have to pay landing and nav charges for the moment the routes i want to fly the airports are offering 12mth free landing etc to get new route working

I would love to look at freight but have even less of an idea on how to start that but see a way of incorporating it into my pax schedule

Capt :

I am trying to work on worst case so 60% load factor may seem low but if I look at 60% of 33 seats I am down to 20 bums on seats so maybe I should look at a Beech 1900 and have 100 % load but I know it doesn't work like that

How does one work out ticket cost on a route that is not done at the moment i am working on 1 hour flights brakes off - on where as driving by car on good day 4hrs and in winter could be horrendous

All i am trying to do is see if it is viable !
I know the old saying to make money in aviation is near on impossible but i am not afraid of a challenge

How reliable is a saab 340 ? some people say good as others say bad