PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B747 Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2002, 06:11
JohnBarrySmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firehorse>Hmmm getting a bit off the subject are we not?
JBS>Firehorse lives!

HotDog>You are accusing the Boeing Company and regulatory authorities of the USA and Canada of criminal negligence or worse, by ignoring the real cause of inflight breakups as documented in Corazon.com. So everybody flying on B747 airplanes are risking their lives and waiting for the next cargo door midspan latch failure.

Quite frankly, I am surprised you have not been sued for libel, as yet.

JBS>Quite frankly, my dear, I don’t give damn. Well, first of all, as I await technical questions about a mechanical premise which seems to be holding up pretty well scientifically, I am not accusing anyone of anything. You may try to put words in my mouth but you are wrong. You are falsely accusing me of making accusations against Boeing and others. You should be sued for slander as you have provided no support for your allegation. I have provided support for my allegation with your quote above.

You conspiracy guys think in terms of plots and scheming and cheating and lying so you think others think that way too. I don’t. There are no plots from Boeing and no accusations from me.

Now, to the next conclusion that ‘everybody flying on B747 airplanes are risking their lives’...you are entirely correct and I’ve said this since 1992 in print. The sad proof was it happened in 1996 with Trans World Airlines Flight 800 and maybe in 2002 with China Airlines Flight 611. I don’t think the passengers are waiting for the next cargo door midspan latch failure to occur, but I certainly am. I watch carefully all the Boeing 747 hull losses and only one in the last six years, after Trans World Airlines Flight 800, that fits the bill and that’s China Airlines Flight 611.

HD>Try Dr. Bernard Loeb, chief of the NTSB probe of TWA 800 in flight breakup.

JBS>I repeat again my repeat for those that are not clear on first reading: I repeat: Can anyone say why they believe bombs and center tank explosions were involved without telling me someone else’s opinion as proof?

By referring me to Dr. Bernard Loeb, you are offering someone else’s opinion as proof, which is exactly what I did not ask for as it is not evidence or facts but wishful thinking on the part of the non aircraft accident investigator Bernie Loeb.

An absence of facts and evidence noted in previous posts so: In the meantime, I am asking this philosophical question of myself: Should errors of history be corrected? There have been many and was it important to correct them?

The Maine was probably not a Spanish saboteur with a mine in Havana Harbor but coal dust explosion in aging battleship.
Tonkin Gulf was not an event where a US Destroyer was attached by N. Vietnam PT boats but a jittery radar operator.
The Hindenberg was not sabotage but flammable skin of the dirigible.
The Normandie was not German saboteurs in drydock in NYC in WWII but a welder’s torch on Kapok lifejackets.
The Kursk was not a collision with a US Sub but faulty torpedo propellant.

I always go back to United Airlines Flight 811 and the second AAR which was written after the first AAR was found to be in error. NTSB at the time thought it important enough to get it right second time so issued AAR 92/02. Without that corrected AAR, I would be saying all those 747 events were caused by improperly latched cargo doors instead of wiring or switch.

I believe errors of history should be corrected as history is the foundation of the future. That foundation must be as accurate as possible for the future to be successful.

But, in the long run, the moment is what counts and Libya and the Sikhs shall be forever known as cowardly terrorists blowing women and children out of the sky with bombs in planes. Those errors of history shall have the major impact and not the corrected version, whenever it comes out, if ever, of no bombs but a mechanical problem which had happened before and since.

For most, belief is faith, myth, and superstition. My belief is science. Science is not opinion but evidence, math, facts, data, and reality. That’s why I always am able to fend off the emotional tirades of those who do not respect science and dwell on personalities, titles, status, and charm.

I full well understand the reluctance of most to take the time to possibly determine that their inside beliefs on good guys and bad guys and why good people die is wrong. Right now, it’s clear, no blame for the US, or Boeing or the Airline, or anyone else except those poor saps who got blamed for letting two bombs slip through very tight security in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Malta, Frankfurt, and London because those evil foreigners tried to kill us good guys.

Not clear for those wishful thinkers is that politics is involved and that always means going with the will of the majority and the will of the people is always to absolve themselves of blame. No plot, just human nature.

It’s clear to me that the science of plane crashes shows that cargo doors on five early model Boeing 747s are rupturing open in flight. I suggest they all have the same cause, the electrical cause and that’s based on United Airlines Flight 811, a confirmed probable cause, not flimsy shadowy conspiracy nonsense.

So, I wait for more evidence. There is supposed to be a picture of the bottom part of the aft cargo door but I can not locate it. Does anyone have access to it? Can anyone describe it? Is the location known where retrieved?

(PS. I can’t cut an paste into the quote option on the BB software from my Mac so shall continue to use a forward arrow for quotes.)

Cheers,
Barry