PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - low timer, first job in the caribbean with JAA licences
Old 18th Nov 2010, 08:01
manu848

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for these answers.

It's true that pilot in command time has its weight! But what about working in Belize? what type of work permit would i need?

With a european citizenship the places i could work easily with jaa would be the BVI, french islands, Aruba, and the nederlands islands..

I know it isn't the fastest way to get into an airline cockpit but i'm young and not looking to much on that! wouldn't mind spending a few years in the sun.

Bytheway i found few companies like Mustique - Union Island - Canouan - Bequia - St. Vincent - Barbados - Martinique - Grenada - St. Barths - St. Martin - St. Lucia Carriacou-Grenada-how to get here-flights to the Grenadines Airways flying cessna 402, islanders to citations! I suspect there might be a possibility to evolve to bigger planes within the company?

But surely i think the constraints for me are financial, it would mean spending 20'000$ on cpl, ir, me plus 5000$ to leave and travel while looking for a job. Then work a few years with a crapy salary that doesn't allow me to make savings... and then try to make the transition to a true airline job, don't know hom much it would cost.? I don't want to get stuck in the caribbean flying pistons forever..

Fly hard, cheers!