PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Near Death Incident
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 05:06
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HA! Nah... no John le Carre novel going on!! While it is obvious B7xx's opinions do/did still differ from mine he has had the integrity to welcome an open dialogue. We've swapped a few PM's and I hope to continue to. No, no airline is perfect but it takes people to WANT to part of the solution as opposed to the problem that steers things on the right course. It is not that we disagree, it is the fact that we are allowed to disagree, welcome someone else's opinion and look for the common good, not the bad. FForward has also sought to join in the discussion, which is also welcomed. In PM's more detail and openess can be expressed.

Now for the fun.....Royskaria:
To start with, please go back and review any and all of my posts (take your time, I typed them slowly for the likes of you). Find but ONE comment where I have not endorsed nationals being employed over locals IF safety cannot be compromised, or where unemployed nationals should be employed over expats AND receive the training they are entitled to. Before you start, try and remove your xenophobic glasses.

Blame the expat! You've single-handedly found the solution to all of India's woes!! GENIUS! So, if I may ask:
- did the expat employ him/herself or did (for example) AI screen these pilots first via a sim check, etc? They passed hence they were employed. Of course, the fault of the expat for allowing that holier than holy TRI/TRE to pass him!!
- did / do the agencies or the likes of AI do a complete background check of credentials, experience, etc or did the deceitful expat "get away with it" due the pathetic "standards"? Yep....expat's fault again!
- did the expat Capt in the Mangalore accident not go-around when called by the national FO? Also, did the national FO assume control and take over? Of course.....expat's fault entirely on this one!!!
- government decrees to remove all expats by said date, yet they're still there AND being employed! Obviously those dirty, sneaky expats are causing this corruption and complete ignorance of these decrees!
- any pilot not submitting a full and timely report (as in this case it appears) would / should be severely punished via his employ due a complete failure to adhere to airline SOPs as well as the regulatory body's CAR's.....did this happen (anyone got the truth?) or not....of course! The expat's fault for a failure of the "safety" (lucky) department at AI!
- those damn expats are to blame for the corruption and the lining fo the pockets by the managers in the numerous department siphoning off money as a direct result and circumstance of the expat contracts. Sneaky and devious expats agin!!!
- And fancy those expats FORCING the rostering department to keep them in 5 star hotels for weeks on end doing NOTHING!! I mean really! Just plain rude. The computerized rostering system that was paid for in full yet not used is to be blamed on the expats! If only the damn thing would run on JW Blue like the chief of the rostering dept then I'm sure things would run a lot more efficient! And to think AI would save 60% on their accommodation expenses (quote from member of AI's accommodation committee) if they placed the expats in serviced long term apartments.... Then again, how would the back-handed deals at the present hotels operate if this were the case. Expats...you are so RUDE!
- REMOVE THE EXPATS so the clean living, un-corruptable, efficient, honest, hard working and morals-above-question managers at the DGCA and airlines like AI can PLEASE get on with their job!!!

Royskaria, thanks for pointing this out to the wider community.

IndAir: perhaps this baby's crying of highlighting the corruption, nepotism, lower than low standards (criminally negligent in my opinion) of AI - including nationals and expat pilots alike - may, just may waken some people to wake the hell up. Of course, you have to WANT to see the bad to ever hope to be part of a change for the better. If nothing's wrong then what on earth needs to be fixed? Head in the sand. Plain and simple.

So many of you argue against me, yet not ONE person to date has challenged me on FACTS to prove me wrong. And where I am wrong then I will gladly admit it. Just back it up if you want to stand it up.

That's it kids. I'd rather continue swapping PM's with people wanting to have a professional difference of opinion, share facts and share knowledge rather than fight ignorance and "the world is flat" mentality.

As I've quoted before, in the words of the great Homer Simpson: "All the world is stupid but me."