PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 01:36
777longhaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If.....you want to read the official update(s) from the FP60 (Fly past 60) website:

FlyPast60 Web Update Page -- Fly Past 60 Coalition Recent Events

Regardless of what you want to believe, read, desire, etc, please, re read the above post from Engine Fire Left, it covers the entire story.

The BFOR (legal term) that ac/acpa failed to demonstrate during the hearings, removes the legal right to force retire someone due to age in aviation, in Canada. Thats the HRA law, period. Air Canada, is NOT the principle employer in Canada, it is well under the 50% mark, and therefore, AC can not set mandatory retirement under the HRA. They have no legal right to do so.

ACPA can not apply the BFOR argument, (they tried it in court) and it was rejected. ACPA is NOT an employer, so they can not even apply to the court for relief, under the HRA to discriminate on the age 60 issue. They have no legal right. ACPA can negoiate a retirement age with AC, and Vice/Versa, but neither can FORCE anyone to retire at age 60.

The CHRC, has told the CHRT, and the Federal Review Court, in their written submissions, for this months pending JR, that air canada failed the BFOR test. They, (ac) lost the BFOR, and they can not legally hide behind it any longer.

So, for those who are thinking like they are to only ones that have an interest that is being changed, you need to try....and see the issues, from a legal standpoint.

A response to the above posting by "Picture"

Since you called me a greedy old man, (all of us) no females on the FP60 group yet.... may I assume you would want to sit in my seat as soon as I left? That would make you just as greedy, only younger.

The difference between a greedy old man, and a greedy young man, is just plain old time, experience, and wisdom. We are all greedy, no more, no less,.....just at different ages in life.

Last edited by 777longhaul; 18th Nov 2010 at 02:50. Reason: updates