PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane down in Nairobi, Kenya - reports
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2002, 03:37
ShenziRubani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Down4green,

Hey flyer, I get your point man, but still think it is a bit too easy to shoot on the ambulance. I am and will as long as I can make a living as a pilot and suffer like anyone else form the industry downfalls resulting from a bad economy which was accelerated, but inevitable, by 9/11. I live in Tanzania and work in both country, I have been there for over 12 years and think that I have a little understanding on the situation.

That a journalist called the DCA and airport authorities because he scanned the news and got the info by a clerk in some bumf@#k office in Nairobi is bad luck for the buddy. Maybe before sending the info to Reuters he should have checked with the upper management of the Airport Authority.

I find a little bit exagerated that you focuse on Africans doing a drill and quickly concluding that the drill in Nairobi has an influence on our industry. Gosh. This is giving a lot of credit to the smart guy who launched the drill today.

What about the evacuation at Miami Airport today, and the other evacuations that happened at 4 other US airport in the last 5 months. Should we also shoot on these airport directors for scaring passengers and fueling the paranoia?!

We are pilots before all and we live from the industry, we should be more balanced in our judgments and not go on a free witch hunt and find scape-goats at any occasion.
Enjoy the skies man.