PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - icao to jaa conversions
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2001, 03:02
Jetgate

Lightbulb

Edward and others who are in Canada or thinking of coming to Canada......

I am a Brit who is Instructing in Vancouver and also working on my Canadian IR. Yes the rules have changed.... surprise surprise.... apparently the Germans and the French elements of JAA cooked this one.....!!

However if you are an ICAO ATPL holder with 3000TT, 500MC and xxx hrs on aircraft over 30tns then the old rules still apply. Thank goodness they are letting the senior guys off with some credit!! All I can say is that It still looks like a Superiority complex or a trade embargo.

If you have the dosh then a Canadian IR for apprx $8000 could still save you money in the long run and could also help you get a job back in Blighty. How? well the JAA ride won't be double dutch as you have IR experience and your twin time will be more than the next fellas if he only has a JAA IR. The above info was given to me by a senior UK Ops hiring person and I'm just sharing them with you.

Ed and any other Brits who are in Canada, drop me a line and maybe we could all bang heads together and find a good deal for the conversion.

D.J.

------------------
There are Old Pilots and Bold Pilots, but no Old Bold Pilots.