PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ad in loop, May edition
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2010, 12:40
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UAV689 had a bit to do with it as well.

I have actually been quite suprised how easy it was and how it all flowed.

Intially you get a rather snotty email demanding certain copies and information and almost threatening that you will be outed and your name will be published.

You then send them proof that your not a competitor and will get no benefit from the complaint. Send a copy of the advert. Then you don't hear anything for a bit. Then a lot more pleasant email comes in from I presume someone more senior explaining whats happening and what the process is. You don't need to do anything at that point. They then email you with what they have found and ask if you have any more points. Then they email you saying that they have asked the advert provider to respond to the complaint. After that they produce a summary report which will be given to the ASA panel. A couple of weeks later you get the panels report but you have to keep stum about it until it is published.

All in all I would say it's well worth doing. The intial email I think is designed to be off putting to weed out Sunday armchair moaners. Just tell them who you are, why you are complaining, the fact that you wouldn't gain anything by bring this complaint. It all flows from there with minimal input from you and an occasional email from them letting you know whats happening.

To be honest thumbs up to them for providing such easy access to there agency and would recommend anyone to make a complaint if they feel something is unfair. I must admit reading the report did bring a smile on my face as the language used was more brutal than I expected or would have used myself.

In the grandscale of bollocks spouted by flying schools its not really going to effect things much. And the projected airframe manufacturing report is still getting used by many in the industry to claim there is going to be a pilot shortage which we all know is bollocks. Its almost as if the "industry" is trying to protect the over supply situation we have now.