PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane down in Nairobi, Kenya - reports
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2002, 23:49
downfourgreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey buddy,
Congratulations to Kenyan aviation authority, if they’ve thought that nobody would care about Kenya even with its communication limitations…well, even in very far countries that false information was received. But, I really hope that they’ve reached a higher aviation safety degree after that emergency exercise.
There are several emergency training everywhere and everyday, even in poor countries, but I never seen a worldwide coverage. Everybody should know that aviation community has suffered since last year with stupid news posted by unqualified journalist. Maybe you don’t care about it because you don’t depend on it to survive. Passengers, and potential ones, have been frightened with anything concerning aviation safety even with a hoax. It’s inconceivable to use international press to spread a false 747 crash alert. I’m wondering why they needed to create a big lie, including an important personality, to improve their techniques to deal with a large scale emergency…And I’m sorry they don’t deserve a lack of careful attention to their feelings and problems, but now we are talking about aviation issues.