PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AMSA's future
Thread: AMSA's future
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2010, 08:59
DrPepz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fresh grad LAMES in SIAEC start at $2800 to $3000 but they also get very generous overtime (1.5x on Sat 2x on Sun and 1.5x after 6pm).

CPF is like Australian superannuation and that is a 16% contribution from the employer.

I don't know SIA's pay scale but I won't be surprised if it is the same as the Singapore civil service:

Fresh grad: $2800 to $3000
Next grade $4k
Next grade $5k
Next grade $6k
etc etc etc

Promotions come every 1-2 years. Without promotions, annual increments are 3% to 10%.

SIAEC paid out a bonus of 4.5 months last year, also as with most Singaporean companies they pay a 13th month in December. So the SIAEC staff were on 17.5 months of salary last year, giving the fresh grads an annual pay of S$52k without additional allowances. Tax on that with all the relevant deductions is about S$800 a year or 1.5%.

I'm not sure it is cheaper to fly people in from Singapore to do the work in Australia. I know the Singapore civil service rates for Australia are as follows:

S$124 per day (roughly A$100)
plus breakfast
plus transportation
plus lodging

If SIAEC has to pay that to people they post in from SIN, would they be better off? And anyway, I know for a fact the Senior LAMES earn a base of more than $10k per month, and many technicians in SIAEC drive very posh cars. And cars in SIN cost a bomb......