PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - feeder fix time/ required time of arrival (RTA)
Old 17th Nov 2010, 08:10
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chief galah

Anything below 280Kts would bring strong condemnation.
Highly Amusing.

le Pingouin

having to maintain when on a high speed descent.
Is it possible though to get the hand over slightly earlier? Its the finger speed that is the trouble as the support pilot that can let flying pilot down in this situation in the haste to change frequency and then get a word in.

Great thread, my awareness at work has been a lot higher. I've been listening out for the internationals that give you grief and had a little bit of a chuckle at the tone of a Sydney controller dealing that exact situation.

On another note another one that disturbs me a little (read: a lot) is controllers blurting out instructions while were still doing anywhere between 100 - 50 knots whilst exiting on a rapid. The support pilot here is monitoring the roll out and in my type, the machine at this point is still a handful (read high workload) if something goes wrong the 186 POB would rather the support pilot isn't on the radio reading back something thats not absolutely vital. I guess were trained to expect anything - subtle incapacitation a tyre coming off anything.

Just my take. Regardless, myself and the majority of my colleagues respect you work and appreciate your efforts.

Look like the complete opposite to another thread running in the Airline forum!

Last edited by Mr. Hat; 17th Nov 2010 at 19:13. Reason: spelling, formatting and others.