PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA N reg and AOPA Latest
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2010, 07:33
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just don't understand why you guys just can't sit down and just study the 14 ground exams like the rest of us have done!
I have flown for numerous owners as an FAA ATP without problem. Mostly in Europe with Ferry work to the far East, South Africa and the USA. I have over 5000 hrs on jets and multi engine yet I am expected to be treated like a novice PPL in sitting 14 exams? 14 exams which would take 6 months full time or probably 2 years distant learning if I had the motivation to get licences to do what I am already doing.

I would then have to spend thousands on flight training again almost treated like a novice PPL.

Why??? complete madness.

All I should have to do at most is sit a differences exam and fly an IR flight test I either pass it or fail it (never failed a flight test in my life) not learn about how many millions of molecules make up a screen the old grey matter isnt up to that anymore neither is the inclination or motivation.

All the statistics show NO difference in quality between FAA ATP and JAA ATP so why all this crazy madness?
In most areas of law established practice becomes a legal right FAA has been operating legally in Europe for over 30 years yet we are supposed to loose our jobs and find a fortune at the whim of a pen pusher in Brussels while he /she is thinking what to do next week to justify that job over another expensive paid lunch and bottle of wine.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 17th Nov 2010 at 08:52.