PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC130 vs AS350 in bush ops
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2010, 06:10
EBCAU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the vibration you speak of; is that constant of more obvious at certain weights, loadings or wind conditions? Would just like a heads-up if this is going to become an issue. And do any other B4 drivers have feedback on this one?
Unfortunately I thinks it's one of worst features of the machine. Some are worse than others. You can tune the vibes around the cabin but you can't tune them out. Increased weight = smoother ride. Can get harsh from any speed above about 100 kts if light.

If you leave an EC-130 in say 40deg C heat, will the roof fall in or sag like an AS350? In other words, is the EC 130 interior plastic as good as say, a cheap Jap car?
All I have been associated with had leather so no problem.

Also, is the EC 130 aircon more sophisticated than an AS350 aircon, eg does it have a thermostat, do the bushes fall out if used continuously (say 8 hours a day)?
There are two versions I think and if you are anywhere there is likely to be 40 degrees C then you need the tropical one. That's a bit ugly inside the cockpit though and I've not used one. It had better be an improvement on the temperate model. That struggles on a warm day and throw in a load of sweaty pax and it hardly copes.
Never had troubles beyond initial teething problems where it only worked sometimes. The temperate model only has a two position switch thermostat, IIRC. No experience with AS350 aircon to compare it with.