PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 uncontained #2 engine failure
Old 16th Nov 2010, 22:13
Helmut Smokar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA Interviewer: So Captain, Although you had no indication of fire or further systems degradation after the initial failure, you elected to make an approach and landing immediately without completing ECAM?

CAPTAIN: Well yes, it seemed like the thing to do at the time,......(Long draw on cigar)...... Safest place to be is on the deck.

CASA Interviewer: OK, Did you consider the Landing performance of the Aircraft and controllability of the aircraft prior to make this Approach?

CAPTAIN: Not required .......(another quick draw on cigar)..Hell I made it!

CASA: So were the Cabin Crew aware of the possibility of evacuating the aircraft upon landing or for that matter the other members of the flight crew?

CAPTAIN: Well sure....you'd have to be a moron to not appreciate the gravity of the situation.....(puff...puff)

CASA Interviewer: So the rushed approach, slightly long landing and ensuing runway over run don't worry you?

CAPTAIN: No not at all.......(long Draw).....Any landing you walk away from is a good one.

CASA Interviewer: You weren't aware of the fuel leaks from the left wing?

CAPTAIN: No like I said, I didn't complete ECAM

CASA Interviewer: So the post impact fire and loss of 440 lives seems like a good outcome to you?

CAPTAIN:.......(Long Draw on Cigar).... Like I said, I made it.

Love the Monday morning Quaterback! Gretschenfrage please don't be in command of a flight I'm paxing on!