PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane down in Nairobi, Kenya - reports
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2002, 21:00
ShenziRubani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up with you guys, and you Downfourgreen,

I find your comments very cheap and lacking maturity. Do you think that communication between governments agencies, and with the press is easy in Kenya. Do you know what it is not to have phone lines for hours. Whether it was done properly or not, at least it was done, and it works and it is good that a country in economical difficulties like Kenya does it. I find it very easy for you to criticize without having even experienced the place. And when you talk about 9/11, please do not forget that Nairobi was hit by a bomb that killed 100s of innocents, before 9/11. The news may have not reached deep inside Dakota maybe, but it marked the town for good and it is on all Kenyans mind. They don't play with terrorism there, specially now.
Please stop linking plane accidents to terrorism. Planes have crash before and after 9/11 and will continue. And I really don't care that a bunch of blood-thirsty journalist, based in Africa in search of famine, war, disaster and other killing viruses have jumped on the story before verifying the facts. This is basic journalism. Get a confirmation by any authority before making headline news.
and talking about frightening people, before the 9/11 anniversary, I don't know where you've been hidding for the last months, but I have been in Florida since March and the only thing we can hear/see on TV is related to terrorism, what they can do, what they have, chemical, urban warfare, bombing Irak, and the list continue. We get messages everyday at the FBOs about potential terrorist attacks and to be ready.
So, please don't tell me that a noisy drill-crash in Kenya is not welcomed at this time. Who knows where Kenya is in the US anyway.

Hope you won't watch TV or read USA today.