PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAPA Members Condemn Cathay Pacific Management's Unprecedented Actions Toward Pilots
Old 21st Aug 2002, 20:46
PeterZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the article, Demery is quoted, "Cathay Pacific has said that they will meet with us once we stop our industrial action. Our hope is that management will we heed these most recent pleas from the U.S. for an open dialogue and agree to meet with us since we are currently under no industrial action, but only following the rules of our contract."

I'm interested in the opinions of people as to what then the hiring ban is considered? How many times have I read on this forum, comments in the vein of "It's the only tool/weapon we have against management?" Did ND really say that with a straight face? Granted the ban is no strike, or even that incredibly effective "go-slow" bs, but if it's not industrial action (in spirit if not in law) then I don't know what is...

And as far as CAPA's resolutions, were these made a year ago also? Or are they just jumping on the bandwagon a tad late? Curiouser and curiouser...

Last edited by PeterZee; 21st Aug 2002 at 23:26.