PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus prepares safety warnings following A321 incident
Old 16th Nov 2010, 09:48
Fargoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC-ATE, no he was referring to me but they pulled my post because I referred to Europes bias to the Airbus. He called me ignorant because I thought France and Airbus were protecting their product, especially in reference to the Air France Airbus lost off the Brazilian coast line. They will probably pull this post too so it probably won't be here tomorrow. Read fast. This is how it is done here. Ask anybody.
There you go, tinfoil hat firmly on head i've quoted you so that they will have to delete two posts to protect franco-airbus interests from the nasty american forum poster

Anyway, back on topic. Does anyone know how long there was between the incident happening and the AAIB being notified? Perhaps the usual ASR was raised and no-one in the airline considered a gennie tripping off line was reason to report the incident. Could explain why the FDR data was overwritten.

Not saying this is right but if the AAIB was informed everytime there was a fault on an aircraft they would be quickly overwhelmed.

Airbus really do need to update the FAC software though to prevent multiple power interupts from building up a rudder trim that may affect the flight path. Not sure why this was never addressed in the 20+ years its been in service.

I'd also quite like to see Airbus / IAE adopt a terminal block style disconnect for the pylon/engine IDG feeder cable junction rather than the plug and socket arrangement they use at the moment. It has and still does cause quite a few power problems. It's been a problem even going back to the E4 powered 757's. Can't recall a properly tightened terminal block connection a la 767 RB211 ever causing these problems.