PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Atlas info
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2010, 23:27
anothercargopilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glueball is correct and that is why I think most Atlas guys prefer to stay out rather then do multiple trips - only one adjustment. When I start work I forget about what time it is at the city I am in or at my house in the USA. The best is to just plan your rest so that you sleep until your wakeup call for the next flight. On the road, I sleep when tired and eat when hungry. Also, total flight time on almost every flight mandates a relief pilot or pilots. Most flights (80%) I get at least 2 hours of sleep in a bed in a private room or old style first class seat if the bunk is not your preference.
In a cargo 747, the whole upper deck is our "personal space". Lots of room, full galley, beds, seats, etc.

If you can't sleep on a plane....or have trouble sleeping in the hotel.....you're screwed.

Regarding returning home: After my final operating leg, I can waive rest and deadhead home right away (company ticket and get home early)or choose to stay in a company provided hotel and deadhead home (again on company paid ticket) after getting a good rest. Many pilots choose the latter to get a good rest and adjust back to local (home) time before heading home to the mrs and the kids (and commotion). Either way, it is your choice.

Those who get hired here quickly find out if this lifestyle will suit them or not.

ACG