PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL or PPL?
Thread: NPPL or PPL?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2002, 18:28
OneDaySoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NPPL or PPL?

Hi all,

Have been looking at this forum page for ages but just plucked up courage to post my first message - that's right a pprune virgin!

I've got a question you might be able to jelp mne with. For a long time I've put off learning to fly because I've convinced myself I couldn't afford it - but I've recently decided to take the plunge (as it were).

Thing is, I've been reading a lot about the NPPL in Todays Pilot mag - they did a great article recently on the NPPL and those people who helped to create it. Now I can't decide whether to go for an NPPL or a PPL!!!

I don't want to fly overseas, I don't want to fly in naff weather and I don't want to fly at night so am I best with an NPPL?

When I've spoken to some local clubs there seems to be a stigma attached to the four letters 'NPPL' is it because the schools are going to lose out on cash because I willonly be studying for 32 hours and not 45 - or is there something flawed with this licnese that I don't know about?

I've really enjoyed readiung this forum over the last few months - hope you'll let me join in as I blunder my way through some sort of training?

OneDaySoon