PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right Time to Start Training ?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2010, 08:23
Janu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm currently in the same situation as you are. Personally, I think you've got to first think about all the qualified pilots who are unemployed at the moment with many years experience and atleast a thousand hours logged on type. Logically, they'll be the first to get hired when airlines decide they need pilots. Something else to think about is the fact that a lot of pilots who are currently employed with an airline will want to be looking for a better job than they already have, they're also more experienced than a cadet fresh from flight school.
If the amount of pilots that will be needed in the next several years is true then you're going to need to be ready at some point in time. When I look at the current situation we have in the industry right now I think that being prepared too early is much better than too late. Nobody can say exactly when the time will come, so it's difficult to judge correctly and be 100% certain. If you wish to be successful in the future then the best way forward is to trust your intuition from the information you have and hope you're right. If I were you I would start training as soon as you possibly can and progress at a speed which you feel will offer you the greatest outcome. It's a very hard decision to make and I'm sure we can think about it a little to much.

I wish you the very best of luck!