PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - J* Command Prospects going Gangbusters!
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2010, 22:04
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

You're right. The uninformed here on PPRUNE shouldn't question J*'s safety and training culture at all. We can let their own do that:

A Jetstar training captain and former air-accident investigator has raised concerns about safety standards at the low-cost airline....

...a Jetstar pilot and a former senior investigator at the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, said captains had stood down some flight attendants because of their lack of safety training for the A321s, which was a ''symptom of the reduction [by Jetstar] in resources and training''.

....was a fleet investigator in Jetstar's safety department when one of its aircraft made an aborted landing in Melbourne on June 21, 2007.

Although he said there was not a ''deliberate attempt to conceal information'', there were ''no protocols that required the ATSB to be informed of subsequent information'' about the incident.

His role as a fleet investigator was a part-time position as he was also a first officer.

.....said his investigation into the Melbourne incident was limited by a ''lack of resources'' in the department.

....'As a part-time investigator I was not provided with a computer and had to provide my own, and I was not even allocated a desk,'
Nothing to worry about with the 3 week command course then folks. J* has it all under control.