PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus prepares safety warnings following A321 incident
Old 14th Nov 2010, 21:11
stev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the great divide

right well good job this post has gone form talking about an Airbus incident, to an A vs B argument and then to attack the 787, waiting for somebody to come after the A350 and we'll have all the hacks out. I for one am very happy with my American made aircraft but i would not be arrogant enough to either say that either Airbus ( an airplane that i have been an engineer on in a previous life) or my preferred maker of airplanes has the right idea, all us that sit on the business end of the craft must remember one simple rule it's only a Computer. A lot of the incidents of recent times have come from lack of knowledge of what the system is doing. Much of what Airbus tried to eliminate in the making of the A320 has been taken care of in the major developments of teaching of the modern elements of CRM. Leaving it to the computer may not be ideal. We have now come around to a state that pilot skills have been so degraded that even the whizz kids at Airbus are having a rethink about the control the cockpit can exercise. (In my limited knowledge direct and ultimate is the only answer.) Whichever side of the Atlantic your ideology sides TRAINING of the Aircraft systems and an integrated knowledge may save the day. Short Jar 25 courses are not the answer.

Well thats my 2 and 6 pence

awaiting the bashing