PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopters and Superyachts
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2010, 14:25
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
M.Y. Kingdom 5-KR

Continuing the theme of Yacht Helicopters and before this slips into obscurity .. G-REEM and the MY Kingdom 5-KR:

MY Kingdom 5-KR

G-REEM aboard Kingdom 5-KR

As JimBall mentioned earlier, getting the yacht/helicopter paint schemes sorted out is crucial.
Here REEM wears Kingdom's colours and also sports the yacht's name across her rear door:

REEM aboard the 282ft Benetti built 'Kingdom 5-KR' owned by Kingdom Group Chairman Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, nephew to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. (Photo: Roberto Benetti)

This vessel was formely the MY 'Nabila' owned by Saudi businessman Adnan Khashoggi. While in Khashoggi's possession the yacht was hired by Warner Bros. during the filming of the Bond movie 'Never Say Never Again' (1983) where she appeared as the 'Flying Saucer'. When Khashoggi had her built (1980) she was the world's largest private yacht.

Khashoggi (who is a long time resident of Monaco) had another daughter (Petrina) from his former English wife Sandra Daly who took the name Soraya Khashoggi, however after some query by Adnan over his daughter's appearance and, more specifically after DNA testing, it was discovered that Petrina was in fact the daughter of Jonathan Aitkin. (And I thought we Italians were bad!).

These are just some of the things that yacht helicopter pilots need to be aware of during their discourse with employers!

Last edited by Savoia; 23rd Jul 2011 at 06:43. Reason: photos