PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2010, 08:49
blueflight76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
overview and what a/c etc. for flight grading

Hi All,
I'm awating word re: progression to flight grading. Generally all the info posted has been accurate - don't worry about exact questions in the interviews, it comes down to your background and current level re:hours etc. and what just pops into the interviewers head, i.e. if you are relatively young with low hours most of the questioning seems to be technical, if you are older and have the associated 'baggage' (like me) you will ge a mix of personal and technical (emphasis on the former) as they want to know you are a good investment.
Overstudy! I studied the specs for all the types flown by SO's particularly the B744 (as it's my favorite)...fuel sys., hydraulic sys., routes flown etc....guess how much I got asked re:744- nothin' apart from what type of a/c is that?.....a B744, good to know I had the answers ready though.
Generally they expect you to be passionate and have a sound knowledge of what you currently fly/ study and an at least basic working knowledge of a level above your current situation.

SW1 - Is the flight grading definately:
0-30 hours: Grob
30-250 hours: Grob and ?Sim
250-above: ALL in Tobago?
(as I have above 250 and trying to find info on whic a/c I will be in etc.)