PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2010, 08:17
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Well said Tigerfish and thank you Senior Pilot for putting some boot in there and stamping on that diversion.

My earlier suggestion about getting in touch with the people that matter was met with being wholly ignored except for the sad comment about the stamp.

This is [some of] your lives at risk here. If you like what you are doing get writing to those who are ignorant of the situation, PA members, MP's, federation etc because if you do not provide them with the material that may make them pay attention they will follow where NPIA/ACPO lead them. The Police Federation are sitting on the fence leaning towards the bosses side - I know, I asked them - and only you Observers, the serving PF members, have half a chance to turn that around.

UK police air support is - or should be - in a very strong position with its very high profile position in the world of police aviation. Many out there across the waters see the UK operations as being the ones to emulate.

Increasingly a few of us have begun to wonder whether that 'hero worship' is in any way deserved.

From some of the content of this thread it seems not. Do something.