PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 23:53
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry I don't believe it!

I really am about to give up! UK Police Aviation is threatened with the greatest challenge to its very existance since the day it was formed, and most useful thing that you can offer is to argue about the relative merits of Tracker! No wonder that you have been back footed. How many PA Chairs have you written to? How many MP's have you lobbied? Don't bother to reply. I can guess!

The concept of NPAS is 100% correct. The devil is in the detail.

What should have been done is this. (1) Create the corporate body. (2) Take over control of all existing ASU's in their current positions. (3) Re -negotiate all existing contracts for Buildings, equipment,Communications, fuel, Insurance, Maintenance, Pilots, support facilities etc on a bulk basis. (4) Run the whole shebang for about 18 months to two years as it is now, so that you know exactly what works and what do's not. (5) And then start to make changes from a position of strength.

If you really do believe that what we had was of any value, for gods sake concentrate your attentions on what is happening and do not go off on pointless arguements about role equipement which may or may not have passed its best.

Ole Grumpy is having real difficulty in believing that many of you are really able to concentrate on the main subject here!

Tigerfish