PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talk of Pacific Blue cadetship
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 23:14
DeltaT

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
dont have to travel, internationals come here to train, i've instructed plenty and they all say the same. Certainly the NZCPL and Instructor ratings are harder to obtain in NZ than Aus. Ask anyone that's done them, or better yet, try the Flight Test Standards Guide for each country.
Indian students are pretty much doing the NZ and Auz licences because its much quicker than doing the Indian one. They also have less immigration hassles than other countries. (Good 'ol NZ)
CTC are in NZ because its cheaper to train the UK Airlines cadets here.
Leave the country to the real world, nothing to do with the NZ licence standard and to think so is very nieve. There is nothing 'harder' about the NZ licence except for the pompus attitude of ArSL and CAA.
The NZ FTSG is just that, a Guide. Even the ArSL examiners don't think much of it, they have their own in house way they think things should be done. Though they do like to refer to it as gossipal at times to get them out of a sticky situation due to lack of any other standard reference material in NZ.

I see that an increase in CAA fees is currently in the review process and accepting submissions, perhaps that will reduce numbers and send some elsewhere...

Without referring to the cadet scheme howcome the Big Koru is hiring next year? they published earlier on this year in fact, that there was no need until 2016. They have pilots on leave in other airlines etc, 3 just went to Tiger less than 6 months ago, don't they want to come back now?! lol Surely some realisation of retirements etc doesn't just slap them in the face all of a sudden.