PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann
Thread: Aer Arann
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 20:56
Shamrogue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BANG

As I sit here with this feeling - my head is about to explode. In a weird twist I agree with the baggage charges and I'll explain why.

Look at that "Diva's' song on You tube about low cost airlines. Very often the public don't look at the bottom line till they are about to put thru the credit card. They see the topline price. I recently done an analysis of airfares on two regional airlines. 1 included bags and the other not. If RE "reduce" their fares making the bottom line look cheaper maybe.

HOWEVER - for the craic I've picked ORK - STN on the 13th December and back 13th verus RE

FR 60.00 notes.
RE 147.00 notes.

Now even if I take out 40.00 for bags - (now you are at 187.00 return on RE) versus 90.00 on FR...................97.00 euro for a spin down the road.........Hmm ORK is looking more appealing. The public don't really calculate the cost of fuel, tyre wear etc. - It comes down to ORK is 1.5 hours of a spin - I'll save nearly 100.00.

I don't know what it costs to actually carry a bag - but I'd be finding another way to make it look better. RE are now a lost cost operation - they simply can't be - so they've got to win on service. And they can.

WAT/GWY are easy, headacheless operations. no blood pressure as you arrive at the desk, toddle thru security, 100 yards on yer on an airplane - well worth a few quid..........but jaysus 100.00 Quid.........................

I hope I'm wrong.........but Bag Charges RE - then again who are we only paying punters.

Slan
Shamrogue