PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Standbys
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 18:13
jimsmitty01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys chill out, its November! (who the goes on holiday in Nov??), personally I am just glad that I am not on a part time summer contract like the guys at Jet2 and Easy.

My roster for Dec is looking up already. I have 3 Canary Island trips in one week, so a month of doing bugger all and then what looks like a reasonable Dec so far.

I have the 5 BRK days off in Dec and Jan plus a month off to follow. So obviously I have saved up over the summer and autumn, hence am looking ok financially this winter. I admit it is easier for me as I don't have children or a mortgage to pay off, but I did buy an engagement ring last month! Anyways as a contractor this is the mentality you MUST have, gotta save for the low season.

As for jumping ship, well I don't think the grass is that much greener. Terms and conditions will be better for sure, but overall pay and roster? I doubt it. If I leave it will be because I want to change base. And as we know thats bloody difficult here at FR!

Best of luck to everyone this winter, but I am pretty confident November will be the worst of it.

Jim

Last edited by jimsmitty01; 15th Nov 2010 at 23:31.