PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training the Afghans - Not really...
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 17:13
davejb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor devils,
and they're probably too new (did I phrase that nicely or what?) to realise what a lousy job they've got!

Interesting idea though, to attempt to inculcate a degree of Britishness into the Afghan pilot corps, unfortunately the best you could expect from this is that the Afghan pilots will, in time, become alienated from their own people... it's FAR less likely that they will somehow rise to the point where they can persuade their countrymen to adopt planters dress after sundown, or develop a taste for outrageous cummerbunds.

I love America, frankly ( I spend part of each year there and have a number of very dear friends, our respective ideas and attitudes amuse both sides in turn*), whilst recognising we have big differences - but a US run 'blend in with the Brits' program must, surely, be the basis for a long running Fawlty Towers style sitcom.
Dave

* For example, I consider a barbecued 8 ounce NY Strip quite a lot on my plate, with salad and a baked spud, my neighbours seem to think it's an hors d'oevre