PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in Florida
Thread: PPL in Florida
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2001, 17:30
Sprawler

Princess,

As I have completed my JAA exams under the supervision of the IAA, I would have to repeat them all if I were to go to a CAA JAA approved flight school. In Ireland, we sit 4 exams as opposed to the 7 you have to sit in the UK. They are:
Air Law
Aircraft Gen Knowledge & Priciples of Flight
Flight Planning & Performance (includes Met, Nav & Operational proceedures)
Human Performance & Limitations
We don't have to do an R/T practical test. Our flight school just certifies on our logbook that we are competent in R/T procedures and the IAA certify this also.

The JAA web-site states:
"3. Must an applicants' training and testing, e.g. skill tests/medical tests etc., be carried out in one JAA member State?

For licence issue the answer is yes. See JAR-FCL 1.065. All training and testing shall be undertaken under the supervision of one JAA member State. This State becomes the State of Licence Issue. Further ratings can be obtained in any JAA member State and will be added to the licence by the State of Licence Issue (the procedure for this is stated the Joint Implementation Procedures (JIP) document paragraph 14.1.1.3)." http://www.jaa.nl/faqs/jaafaqs.html

I have checked out all this with the IAA, and it is correct. To be honest, its not worth the extra hassle of having to re-sit exams for the small savings I would make by finishing in the States.

Regards,
Sprawler

P.S.- how does everyone get those nice little quote boxes, when posting a quote?

[This message has been edited by Sprawler (edited 05 March 2001).]