PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Manuals
Thread: Flight Manuals
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2002, 11:36
djpil

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I can't resist that invitation, JT.

Wheeler has asked some questions that I've been avoiding until now. I guess that there would've been much internal CASA debate prior to that decision to let things ride for 6 months so there's a leap of faith to this next statement that no-one is at risk of liability because it is conservative to retain the old flight manuals. Of course there are exceptions which prove that rule. Like the one where the CASA manual has a higher crosswind limit than the USA manual. (I know its not a limit) Its up to individual pilots and CofR holders to make the assessment on a case by case basis. Shouldn't be hard to make that decision. My answers to Wheeler's questions:
1. Yes, the new flight manuals are legal but see the answer to #3.
2. Forget about it? Well, I'm going to forget about it (apart from asking other Decathlon owners what take-off chart they have).
3. Yes, the approval page is required before the new flight manual goes in the airplane.

About the only positive thing I can say is that this period of 6 months gets us closer to the withdrawal of CAO 20.7.4. So, there'll be another change and those P Charts will disappear for good.