PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Airways 320 pilot exceeds 320 kts below 3000'
Old 13th Nov 2010, 14:54
Turkpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is too funny

Inciter, first of all im really getting sick and tired of your stupid attacks against me. What kind of professional are you? I never even said anything against you, but since you opened that can of worms let me explain something to your amoeba sized level of intellect. First of all, the example regarding the helicopters, if they are at PURE zero speed and there are on a path directly inline with one another, converging, with a 100mph wind, then obviously there is going to be a collision. I know you haven't graduated from MS flight sim yet, but if you ever flew a 152 (cessna if u know what that word is) right about stall speed into a 40 or 50 kt headwind you would be going backwards.
Do you even have a clue about vectors? And no, i am not talking about the RADAR VECTORS that you probably need during a visual since your situational awareness is probably as good as Stevie Wonder at a rave party. I am talking about VELOCITY VECTORS. Okay, one more time for you.

AIRCRAFT A IS ON HDG 360 IAS OF 500KTS
AIRCRAFT B IS ON HDG 180 IAS OF 500 KTS
FACT: THEY ARE GOING TO COLLIDE
WIND IS 360/100KTS
AIRCRAFT A G/S IS 400KTS
AIRCRAFT B G/S IS 600 KTS
CLOSURE RATE IS 1000KTS
WITH ME SO FAR?????
TAS is relative to temperature and density. So the FORCE OF IMPACT HAS NO BEARING ON WHAT THE TRUE AIRSPEED IS
Do you have it now??? I sure hope so. And as far as your remarks, buddy i forgot more then you know!!!!