PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus prepares safety warnings following A321 incident
Old 13th Nov 2010, 13:24
wileydog3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
regarding the 737 rollover...at least there is a procedure for dealing with it in a mechanical fashion.

one can also use assymetric thrust to deal with it...relatively easy

so, is the airbus procedure, start writing NEW CODE and enter it into the computer?

I don't care for the 737, but I flew it.

I hate the Airbus and didn't fly it, even though I would have earned more money.

what a POS!]
And if there was a rudder hardover below 1500ft on takeoff, the procedure of unloading the airplane and accelerating worked well IN THE SIM. But fortunately no one had to actually try it in the air. It was anything but 'relatively easy' when one considers how many times many if not most pilots had to repeat the exercise. And 427 and the crash at Colorado Springs proved that combined with startle factor, low altitude, etc, it was not 'relatively easy' for even an experienced crew to resolve in time.

As for the 'what a POS', you do yourself a disservice by posting such comments, -hornet.

It appears however once again we are going to lapse into the Boeing/Airbus version of the American game "Ford/Chevy" and not focus on the real issues. Complex systems fail in complex and often unanticipated ways. Offered as sheer sarcasm, maybe we should go back to open cockpits, fixed gear, biplanes with cables to the flt controls so we can avoid all those complexities.