PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Bonding Contracts - help please
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 10:40
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a few pilots go through what I think might be similar.

They start a job already type rated with a 3 month probation.

The company pays for them to go to the states for the sim for LPC.

Fire,SEP and all that stuff in Farnbourgh. In under a month.

And then its off to line training at which point things start slipping.

By the end of month 2 no line training done and your still on "training pay". Ops is a shabbles HR are useless and the CP is a prat.

Half way through month 3 another job comes up with a better operator your still under probation with 1 week notice by the company. You exercise your right under the probation and give 1 weeks notice and head off.

Lots of swearing when you hand your notice in and a couple of weeks later a ****ty legal worded letter comes through the door demanding the training costs 1800 sim, 1500 flights plus hotel, 1500 for recurrent training plus HOTAC.

From the pilots I know. In 1 case the pilot payed a fortune for a lawyer and was marginally better off not paying what they demanded. 2nd case thier sister who was a law student sent a letter saying just that they dispute the "bond" and would be happy to see them in court (but in legal terms). And the third one sent a letter himself which was a bit more rude but said the same thing but said he didn't own a house or a nice car and had 50k worth of debt and would be happy go bankrupt if they wanted to go to court.

2 of them payed for a stamp and that was it. It never got past the bullying letter stage and they eventually gave up after lots of threats of "ruining your career"