PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work permit/sponsor
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 09:15
MungoP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK.. here's the scenario of your dreams... you win the lottery.. you arrive in the US... you're living with your lady... and you've been offered a job as a flying instructor..

Now... here's the scenario of your nightmares...you win the lottery.. you arrive in the US... you're living with your lady... and you've been offered a job as a flying instructor...

The sad truth is that after working (sorry, slaving) at being a flying instructor.. something that your girlfriend will very quickly become disillusioned with when she sees no money coming in...you'll eventually have enough hours to work as an FO for some regional outfit that will pay (if it pays at all) minimum wage...The streets in the US are not paved with gold... and while you're on minimum wage with little or no health cover just pray that you don't need any healthcare.... I have company healthcare that nevertheless carries a substantial 'co-pay' ie .. I would still have to come up with a hefty sum of money in the event of needing treatment.. and that healthcare plan is one of the better ones as I'm with a decent company on an above average income... the healthcare plan costs them $1400 per month and me a hundred or so per month...you would get the absolute minimum required by law.