PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Cargo Rumours (early 2010)
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 08:28
overmars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DMN: going off hand (haven't looked at the manuals, I mean, E-manuals) you need 330 PF sectors, 800 operating sectors, some hours requirements and, if I am not mistaken, seven years as an FO. At the rate that the local boys are doing, it will take about 10 years to reach that requirement.

Regarding positioning, it becomes more frequent as we have more disruptions and charter flights. Disruptions quite common because we are really tight on aircraft, so when one plane goes AOG, the whole scheduling goes bonkers, and we'll have guys paxing all over the world. Other than disruptions and charter flights, there will be the occasional paxing (especially within the USA, consider getting AA or Delta frequent flyer cards) between cities. Paxing on SIA flights, we're given confirmed Economy class, upgradable to First (not suite). Paxing on interline flights, it's economy class (FOs only).

wrt pension, Singapore has gone the CPF (Central Providence Fund) way and it only applies to Permanent Residents and citizens. More information can be found on www.cpf.gov.sg. Basically, company contributes an amount to your fund, together with your basic pay, and this amount can only be withdrawn when you hit... 62 or 65. Not so sure, they keep raising the age If you're not a PR or citizen, then no pension schemes.