PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreadlocks and cabin crew
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2010, 14:56
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see no racist comments on this thread at all. People have stated their opinions but in no way is that racist. I have nothing against dreadlocks, what I don't like is people saying they may take legal action because of discrimination, if a white person had dreadlocks I am sure they would be treated the same way by the company so its not discrimination. You are the only one who has brought racism into this. Rather childishly as calling people racist twats and saying you have ignored them is very immature.

The OP wanted opinions and she received them, hopefully she will decide not to start legal action and just do what anyone else who came into work with dreads would do when told not to have them, black, white, indian whoever and that would be to change their hair.

I once applied to the fire service in London and was told no unless you are of an ethnic minority. Not sure if it still like that in the UK but that is why I said she may win as its the UK. That does not make me a racist, I hate discrimination of any kind.