PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could this happen: a non-pilot landing a heavy jet ??
Old 21st Aug 2002, 08:35
max_cont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teropa, I looked at the web sight you posted the link for. The first thing I notice is that the fleet I fly all use different FMC’s. We use the early model through the PIP to the Pegasus type.

You would find that programming an FMC that you had not encountered before a bit more troublesome than you anticipate, I know because all us line jocks, even with training and an instruction book had trouble and we‘ve been using the real thing for years.

I still believe you could do it if all went smoothly and you were lucky.

Did I detect a note of arrogance in your remark about simmer being automatically better than a Purser? In the company I fly for a significant number of CC have a real flying licence; some even have ATPL’s so I would be very careful about that dismissive attitude, you’re beginning to sound like a pilot

From my instructional days I remember that one of the obstacles students had was understanding the radio, add a Greek or French accent (or any other) and you begin to get the picture.

I promise you that in my company we have a chain of command and you are not in it. The cabin manager is in charge of flying when all us pilots are U/S.