PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Southwest
Thread: Air Southwest
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2010, 12:12
GROUNDHOG

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Cloud 1 - sorry but as oapilot indicates you have totally misread my post. I am coming up country next week and for two pax and hand baggage it is thirty pounds less with Flybe than ASW. No contest.I am delighted that Flybe have added competition on the route it has meant I can travel for less and yes I know that if and when ASW crack Flybe will raise prices again.

To survive on NQY/LGW ASW will have to make the most of any marketing advantage it can that is not cost related for they will never beat Flybe on price alone. I can see no other way other than increasing the profile of the 'localness' to Cornish passengers and that will never be done being based in Plymouth or Humberside.

It must be remembered Air Southwest came about because SHH needed to support its airport at PLH when BA pulled its non jet fleet, At that time NQY/LGW was one of if not the most profitable domestic routes BA operated. That is far from the situation today.

It isn't about how nice the people are, how pretty the aircraft is, how big or how small. it is the bottom line of the balance sheets that will dictate who will ultimately survive this route.