PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on joining the RAF as pilot
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2002, 07:31
Iggy Plop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fox-4 and his FJs

Dear "Undisputed"

All adivice is good advice and I am sure Foxy is more up to speed than I on most things, including Top-Gun stuff ... I don't even have agun, let alone atop-one, I mostly sign other people's travel claims and occaisionally make bad engineering decisions which are covered up by some supportive SNCOs that I know ... however ...

Whereas Foxy has a point about aiming hi, just bear in mind all the other stuff that is out there! Foxy and his FJ mates might think that they are "Sex-on-a-Stick", but you have to remember that we all get to go to sunny climes and woo the chicks, and in anything that has a crew of >2 there is room to more than just think about sex when you shouldn't be!

And Thom's got a point about Apache ... it IS "Sex-on-a-Stick!", and the Dutch (I think they were Cloggies) SNCOs that brought the one I saw to the Waddo airshow the other week didn't appear to have a care in the world ... especially not any of the officer bollocks that RAF pilots have to put up with ... "Undisputed", go the whole hog ... join the Dutch Army as a sgt-pilot and fly a gun-ship!

Plop-On!

Iggy